Monday, March 16, 2015

After Attacks, Is Europe Still Safe For Jews? : NPR

My reaction to this is that I am an Episcopalian and have never felt threatened by anyone because of my beliefs. Do I flaunt my religion? No, but I could. Do I send kids to Episcopal schools? No, but I could if we had kids. Would I? I'd like to think no. Whether it be Judaism, Islam, Episcopalians or any other group, I think those who choose to live differently, and act differently must accept the fact that others may not like what they do. I would defend to the death the right of someone to walk around with a propeller spinning on their head if that's what they want to do, but I would tell my client that she/he is asking for it when they do this. We cannot change how people react to "different" and Jews and all others have to get over thinking they are somehow special and different. Let them all go live wherever they are most comfortable acting, dressing, etc. as they choose. Don't expect the rest of the world always to understand or accept this.

No comments: